On May 11, 2019 a new Religious Province was born to the Daughters of Our Lady of the Garden in South America, under the name of “Madre Clara Podesta,” who was the pioneer opening the doors of the Institute to the Americas in 1856. This Province includes Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, and the northern region of Argentina. Guided by the Provincial, Mother Silvia Silvestre, the Sisters renewed their commitment of spreading the Gianellian and the Marian spirit.
- Three Sisters from Africa: Sr. Huguette, Sr. Grazia, and Sr. Ruth will have their junior experience in Rome.
- Sr. Teena Koovaparayil successfully defended her thesis and obtained her Licentiate with Summa Cum Laude!
- Sr. Sheeba Sebastian joined the community of Rhode Island and she will be studying nursing.
- Province Mother Catherine Podesta (Italy)
- New Authorities in Argentina, Bolivia, Brasil and Paraguay